Now Playing
POWER 95.3
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
POWER 95.3

celebrity news

200 items
Results 1 - 10 of 200 next >

'Fixer Upper' stars Chip and Joanna Gaines welcome baby boy, reveal his name

The latest addition to Chip and Joanna Gaines' family has arrived.

>> Chip and Joanna Gaines: 10 things to know

The "Fixer Upper" stars took to social media Saturday to announce the birth of their fifth child, sharing a photo of the baby boy and revealing his name.

>> ‘Fixer Upper’ stars Chip and Joanna Gaines fined $40,000 over EPA violations

"Our baby boy, Crew Gaines, is here and we couldn’t be more in love," Joanna wrote Saturday night on Instagram. "He made an unexpected (and speedy) entrance into the world two and a half weeks early – which is fitting given he was a sweet surprise from day one. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. We are so grateful."

>> See the post here

Earlier in the day, Chip tweeted: "And then there were 5.. The Gaines crew is now 1 stronger! 10 beautiful toes and 10 beautiful fingers all accounted for, and big momma is doing great!" He added the hashtag "#blessedBeyondBelief."

>> Read more trending news 

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

According to Country Living, the couple have two other sons, Drake and Duke, and two daughters, Ella and Emmie.

Read more here.

Actress Brigitte Nielsen delivers 5th child, a daughter, at age 54

Actress Brigitte Nielsen has a new baby, delivering her fifth child, a daughter, on Friday in Los Angeles, according to People magazine.

>> Read more trending news 

Nielsen, 54, announced her pregnancy last month on social media. The  baby, named Frida, is the first child for her husband Mattia Dessi.

“We are overjoyed to welcome our beautiful daughter into our lives,” the couple told People. “It’s been a long road, and so worth it. We’ve never been more in love.”

Related: Actress Brigitte Nielsen, 54, reveals fifth pregnancy in Instagram posts

People reported the baby weighed in at 5 pounds, 9 ounces.

The star of “Red Sonja” and “Beverly Hills Cop II” has been married four times before and has four sons. The oldest is 34.

‘Game of Thrones’ co-stars Kit Harington, Rose Leslie wed in Scotland

“Game of Thrones” co-stars Kit Harington and Rose Leslie married at an ancestral castle in Scotland on Saturday.

The couple and guests celebrated with an afternoon service at Rayne Church, which is close to the 900-year-old Wardhill Castle owned by Leslie’s family. 

>> Read more trending news 

Guests included “Game of Thrones” co-stars Peter Dinklage, Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner and Emilia Clarke.

Harington wore a morning suit and Leslie donned an ivory gown and veil.

The newlyweds were showered with rose petal confetti as they left the church and drove off in a Land Rover festooned with “Just Married” signs to a reception on the castle grounds.

Harington and Leslie, who are both 31, met in 2012 on the set of the HBO fantasy series, where they played a couple as the characters Jon Snow and Ygritte. 

Leslie left the cast in 2014 and currently stars in the legal drama “The Good Fight” on CBS.

The bride's father, Sebastian Leslie, said Saturday he was “absolutely thrilled” about the wedding.

“It's an absolutely lovely day for us,” he said.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

Anthony Bourdain’s mother plans to get memorial tattoo

Anthony Bourdain’s mother revealed that while she was “never really a fan” of her son’s tattoos, she plans to get one in his memory.

Gladys Bourdain told the New York Times that she plans to get “Tony” tattooed in small letters on the inside of her wrist some time next week, and use his tattoo artist.

>> Read more trending news 

The 61-year-old chef and host of CNN’s “Parts Unknown” was found dead on June 8 in a hotel room in France.

Investigators say he hanged himself.

On Friday, a prosecutor said Bourdain had no traces of drugs or alcohol in his system. 

The famous chef had several tattoos, getting his first at 44.

Bourdain told Maxim in August 2017 that each tattoo marks a significant moment in his life.

“I don't overly place importance on them, but [tattoos] do commemorate in a way that photographs can't,” Bourdain said. “I stopped taking photographs a long time ago when I travel. There's this realization that the lens is inadequate to capture the moment, so maybe I'm just looking to mark time in another way that's very personal.”

Gladys Bourdain said that a private ceremony will be held soon, adding, “He would want as little fuss as possible.”

A Bourdain family spokesperson told the BBC the family has no plans for a public memorial at this time.

Netflix executive apologizes, resigns after using racial slurs

Netflix’s chief communications officer apologized and resigned after using a racial slur in front of colleagues on at least two occasions, CNN reported Friday.

>> Read more trending news 

Jonathan Friedland apologized on Twitter and said he was leaving the company after seven years.

"I feel awful about the distress this lapse caused to people at a company I love and where I want everyone to feel included and appreciated," Friedland tweeted.

Variety obtained a copy of a memo Netflix CEO Reed Hastings sent to employees to explain the situation. A copy was tweeted by The Hollywood Reporter.

The memo referenced an incident from several months ago when Friedland used a racial slur while meeting with Netflix public relations staff, CNN reported. The meeting was about sensitive words, and Friedland apologized afterward when people said his use of the word was inappropriate and hurtful.

He used the same slur a few days later in front of two black employees at Netflix’s human resources department while discussing the first incident, Hastings wrote in his memo.

"Many of us have worked closely with Jonathan for a long time, and have mixed emotions,” Hastings wrote. “Unfortunately, his lack of judgment in this area was too big for him to remain."

Friedland joined Netflix as vice president of communications in 2011 and assumed duties as chief communications officer the following year, Variety reported.

Netflix declined comment.

Superman trades cape for badge: Dean Cain sworn in as reserve police officer in Idaho

Superman has changed uniforms.

>> Read more trending news

Actor Dean Cain, who played the Man of Steel in the show “Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman,” was recently sworn in as a reserve officer in Idaho, Fox News reported.

Cain, 51, was sworn in as a reserve for the St. Anthony Police Department, Fox News reported. The Idaho State Police tweeted the news Tuesday, showing a series of photos of the swearing-in ceremony.

Former Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul dead at 54

Drummer Vinnie Paul, a founding member of the heavy metal band Pantera, died Friday night, the band announced on Facebook. He was 54.

>> Read more trending news 

"Vincent Paul Abbott aka Vinnie Paul has passed away," Pantera wrote on Facebook. "Paul is best known for his work as the drummer in the bands Pantera and Hellyeah. No further details are available at this time. The family requests you please respect their privacy during this time."

No cause of death was given.

"Can’t believe it. R.I.P. to our brother Vinnie Paul," Anthrax tweeted, while Paul Stanley of KISS wrote, "So sad to hear of the death of Vinnie Paul. Loved when Pantera did shows with us and in later years Vinnie was always front and center at all KISS shows. RIP and condolences to his family."

>> PHOTOS: Notable deaths of 2018

Paul, born Vincent Paul Abbott in Abilene, Texas, formed Pantera in 1981 with his brother, “Dimebag” Darrell Abbott and bassist Rex Brown, Rolling Stone reported.

Pantera led the charge of heavy metal bands during the 1990s with albums like “Cowboys From Hell,” “Vulgar Display of Power” and “Far Beyond Driven.”

The band split in 2003, Rolling Stone reported.

The Abbott brothers formed Damageplan in 2004, but the band’s tenure ended when Dimebag Abbott was shot and killed onstage by a fan in 2004, Rolling Stone reported.

Paul joined Hellyeah in 2006.

Anthony Bourdain toxicology report released

Chef and author Anthony Bourdain did not have narcotics in his body when he died on June 8, a French judicial official told The New York Times.

Bourdain, 61, was found dead in a hotel in a small village in France on June 8.

He was staying in Kaysersberg, a small village in the Alsace region of France, filming a new episode of his CNN show “Parts Unknown.”

Police ruled his death as suicide by hanging.

Local prosecutors say Bourdain, who was open about his lifelong struggle with drugs and alcohol, was not intoxicated when he died.

“No trace of narcotics, no trace of any toxic products, no trace of medicines, no trace of alcohol,” prosecutor Christian de Rocquigny told Reuters.

>> Read more trending news 

Bourdain skipped dinner the night before his body was discovered, The New York Times reports

When he did not arrive for breakfast with Eric Ripert, Bourdain’s close friend and chef of Le Bernardin in New York, a hotel receptionist went to his room to check on him and found his body.

Bourdain was cremated in France.

His remains and travel belongings have been sent to his younger brother, Christopher.

Gladys Bourdain, Anthony Bourdain’s mother, told the New York Times that the family will likely hold “a small, private ceremony of some kind.”

Italian actress Asia Argento remembered her boyfriend Anthony Bourdain on Twitter Friday, marking two weeks since his death.

“Two weeks without you,” she tweeted, along with a smiling photo of them together.

Joe Jackson tweets after reports of terminal cancer diagnosis: ‘the sun sets when the time comes’

UPDATE June 24:

After reports emerged that Joe Jackson had cancer and not much longer to live, the Jackson family patriarch appears to have commented on the matter himself.

“I have seen more sunsets than I have left to see,” he tweeted Sunday with a photo of himself against a sunset. “The sun rises when the time comes and whether you like it or not the sun sets when the time comes.”

ORIGINAL STORY, June 22:

Joe Jackson, the patriarch of the Jackson family, doesn’t have much longer to live, according to one of his sons, Jermaine Jackson.

According to the Daily Mail, Joe Jackson, 88, has an “undisclosed terminal illness” and his family members alleged that his handlers are not allowing them to see him. TMZ reported that he is in a hospital with terminal cancer.

>> Read more trending news 

“No one knew what was going on -- we shouldn’t have to beg, plead, and argue to see our own father, especially at a time like this,” Jermaine Jackson told the Daily Mail. “We have been hurting. We were not being told where he was and couldn’t get the full picture. Even from the doctor. My mother was worried sick.”

Jermaine Jackson said family members just want to be near their patriarch during this time.

“He’s very very frail. He doesn’t have long. The family needs to be by his bedside -- that’s our only intention in his final days,” he said.

According to the Daily Mail, Jackson family matriarch Katherine, her daughters Rebbie and Joh'Vonnie and Rebbie’s daughter Yashi Brown were able to visit Joe Jackson in Las Vegas Tuesday. TMZ reported that Katherine Jackson and some children and grandchildren were able to come by for a hospital visit. It is not clear from the Daily Mail’s report if family members visited Joe Jackson at his Las Vegas home, at the hospital or both.

The British tabloid claims that, according to a source close to Janet Jackson, she has also been denied access to her father.

No other members of the Jackson family have publicly commented on the reports.

Ichiro dons fake mustache, hoodie to sit in Mariners' dugout

A mysterious man was sitting in the Seattle Mariners’ dugout Thursday night, sporting a bushy mustache and wearing a hoodie. 

>> Read more trending news

And shades -- shades reminiscent of Bobby Valentine’s failed disguise in 1999 when he was ejected from a game and tried to sneak back into the dugout.

The mystery man was no stranger to Mariners fans -- Ichiro Suzuki, now an executive in the Seattle front office.

Suzuki sneaked into the Seattle dugout Thursday to watch the first inning of the Mariners’ game at Yankee Stadium against the New York Yankees, The New York Post reported.

"He was perfect. I never would have known it was him,'' Valentine texted to the The Associated Press.

Officially, Suzuki, 44, is not allowed to be in the dugout during games, ESPN reported. He was removed from the Mariners’ roster in May and moved into the front office as a special assistant to the team chairman, the AP reported.

AP photographer Bill Kostroun spotted Suzuki hiding in the dugout during the first inning. He had exited the dugout by the second inning as the Mariners lost 4-3 to the Yankees.Perhaps Suzuki had dropped a hint when he moved into his new position.

"During the game I will be doing the same preparations I've been doing the entire time. Nothing is going to change for me that I did as a player," Suzuki said. "But I can't say for certain that maybe I won't put on a beard and glasses and be like Bobby Valentine and be in the dugout."

Valentine, who was managing the New York Mets in 1999, was ejected from a game in the 12th inning. He later put on a fake mustache and sunglasses and attempted to sit in the dugout.

Valentine was caught and was suspended for two games. He also was fined $5,000.

200 items
Results 1 - 10 of 200 next >